Virginia Personal Injury and Family Lawyer
M. Michelle P. McCracken
Email: Michelle McCracken | Phone: 757.422.1678
Michelle McCracken graduated from LeMoyne College in 1986 and the University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law in 1989. She is a trial lawyer with over 22 years experience in medical negligence, personal injury and family law matters. Michelle is known for her experience in injury and wrongful death cases as well as divorces involving intricate valuation and property divisions of businesses, the discovery of hidden assets and for ensuring her clients received their full share of the compensation from the insurance company or their spouse.
Michelle has favorably represented hundreds of persons injured by the negligence of others in the State and Federal Courts throughout South Hampton Roads. Having obtained a $1.365 Million jury verdict for a traumatic brain injured client, resulting from a low impact rear end collision, makes her eligible for membership in the elite Million Dollar Advocate Forum. She has repeatedly taken on major corporations and insurance companies and resulting in millions of dollars to her clients. Her dynamic, tenacious and energetic style makes her a fierce and effective advocate for every person in need.
Michelle understands the change, fear and anxiety caused by severe physical injury, loss of a loved one or the break up of a marriage. She works with each client individually to address their legal needs and find a meaningful solution. She has helped countless clients to begin a new life after the trauma of an injury or divorce.
She regularly appears in all in courts throughout South Hampton Roads as well as Hampton and Newport News and is ready to assist you.
Admitted to practice
- Virginia, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 1992
Awards and honors
- BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® — a widely respected mark of achievement signifying quality legal work, professionalism and solid ethical standards
Areas of practice
- University of Richmond, J.D., 1989
- Le Moyne College, B.A., 1986
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Legislative and Public Affairs Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Born in Utica, New York
- Pi Gamma Mu
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Winner, Virginia Trial Lawyers Trial Competition, 1989
- Law Clerk for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit